- Commercial Services
As we draw closer to the season of summer vacations, keeping a few greens in your wallet to enjoy during your travels is a wise decision. No need to spend hours clipping coupons, scouring for deals or burning up gas driving all over the city to save a dollar. Here are 5 tips to help you reduce your energy usage this spring and summer that will help put money back into your wallet.
1) MAINTENANCE: Avoid inflated energy bills every month by having your air conditioner maintained on a regular basis. This is one of the best ways to make sure your unit is working efficiently.
2) CORRECT SIZE: If your air conditioning system isn't the correct size for your home, you may be overpaying to cool down your living space. To help determine if it is the right size, give us a call and schedule an appointment to inspect your unit.
3) VENTILATION: Attic ventilation is important for making sure your home is staying at the temperature you want. If you have an improperly ventilated attic, when heat rises that hot air can become trapped right over your living spaces. This will force your air conditioning unit to work extra hard to keep your home cool and in turn cause higher energy bills. Ensuring proper attic ventilation will save you money on your monthly bills.
4) AWAY FROM HOME: Going on vacation this summer? If so, turn off your air conditioning unit. If you are planning to leave your home for extended periods of time, turning off your unit is a cost saver.
5) THERMOSTAT: If possible, leave your thermostat at 78 degrees or higher. If your air conditioning unit is continuously running on lower, colder temperatures, your energy bill will increase substantially.
We hope you find these tips useful to help you save money this spring and summer. Adding a few dollars back into your wallet is always a good thing! For more information or to request a service, call us at 770-942-2873.