- Commercial Services
As much as we are ready for spring and warmer weather to arrive, one thing we aren’t ready for is spring allergies. No matter if your symptoms are minimal or major, pharmacies are gearing up for the influx of sniffling, miserable sufferers looking for some relief. If you watch the pollen count report like a sailor watches the weather channel, you may need help. Here are 6 tips to help you find relief and allow you to enjoy all the splendor and beauty of the spring season:
1) SHOWER AFTER OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Although you may not see it, pollen is floating everywhere outdoors and it loves to cling on clothes, hair and skin. By showering immediately after outdoor activities you can minimize the pollen brought into your home.
2) WASH YOUR SHEETS: Wash bed sheets once a week to help reduce pollen and other allergens from invading your bed. Even if you are showering before you get into bed, some pollen may still find its way into your sheets.
3) CHANGE AIR FILTERS: Filters in your HVAC system are meant to trap allergens and keep them out of your home. If the filters are dirty and clogged, this process won’t happen properly. Change filters out monthly during high pollen and allergy seasons.
4) CLOSE WINDOWS: If the pollen count is high or you suffer greatly from seasonal allergies, keep your windows closed and turn on the AC if necessary. Open windows are magnets for pollen to find its way into your home and triggering allergy and asthma attacks.
5) WASK A MASK: Sometimes we can’t avoid outdoor activities such as lawn or landscaping work. To help keep you from ingesting grass, pollen and allergens that can cause you to suffer, wear a mask that you can find at your local pharmacy.
6)TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR: If your allergies are interfering with your everyday routine, you may need to make an appointment to meet with a doctor. You can purchase allergy medicine over the counter, but it is always a good idea to speak with a medical professional before starting any medications, especially if you have certain allergies to medications or if you are taking medicine for another medical condition.
As the pollen count continues to climb, we hope these tips will help bring you some relief during the spring and summer seasons.
For more information regarding Anchor Heating and Air Conditioning and the services we offer, give us a call at (770) 942-2873.