Did you know that insulation is just as beneficial in the summer as it is in the winter? Think of insulation as a thermos, keeping warm things warm and cool things cool. Low levels of insulation or gaps and voids in the insulation, can provide access for heat and air to easily flow into or out of a home. Upgrading your home with energy efficient insulation is one of the quickest energy-payback projects you can do. Read all the benefits here:
- Lower Bills: Heating and cooling account for a large amount of the energy used in the average home. Proper insulation can have a dramatic effect on bringing down your heating and your air conditioning bills.
- Soundproofing: Proper insulation can reduce noise from outside your home and noise that travels between the walls of your home by forming a barrier that absorbs the vibrations of noise. Certain types of insulation are better at absorbing noise than others and they all work best when installed with as few gaps as possible.
- Pest Control: Many insulations have added borates or boric acid for additional pest control. The boric acid clings to the insects when they come in contact with it and kills them after injestion.
- Environment: Proper insulation reduces the amount of energy your home uses for heating and cooling. By using energy more efficiently, you are reducing the amount of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse emissions which are both major contributors to global warming.
- Protection Against Mold: The ability of insulation to help manage temperature and moisture make it a powerful preventative tool against indoor mold growth.
If you have questions or would like to learn more ways to lower your energy bills, call Anchor Heating and Air - experts you can trust! 770-942-2873