Beyond your mortgage, uSo buying a central heating and cooling system could be one the largest investments you’ll make in terms of upfront investment and future utility savings that stem from an updated system. Whether you are buying a new HVAC system to preemptively improve energy-efficiency or replacing a broken system, we have some questions for you to ask first:
- What is the condition of my current ductwork? Can it be used with a new system?
- What brands do you offer and why do you prefer those brands?
- Can you tell me more about the SEER rating and the energy efficiency of the system?
- What kind of guarantee do you make on the installation and on the unit itself?
- How long will the installation take from start to finish?
- Do you handle the removal of the old system and the clean-up at completion?
- Can I see proof that you are licensed, bonded and insured?
- Can I get a written estimate including all the terms and conditions?
- What are your payment options?