Now that spring is upon us, it is going to be harder to keep the air free of allergens. Here are some tips to help keep your office air clean so you can work in a comfortable environment and fully focus on your business:
- First and foremost: keep your office clean! Sweep the floors and vacuum carpets and rugs on a daily basis to reduce the amount of allergens that can be kicked up in the air. Place mats at the entrances and exits of your building –they help a lot. Keep meals and snacks in designated areas in your office to decrease the chance of spreading food particles around. Another important daily activity is to take out your trash at the end of every day to help ensure that there are no offending allergens just sitting in your office.
- Think about upgrading to high efficiency particulate air filters; they are hospital grade filtration units that have a 99.97% efficiency against -0.3 micron particles. Regular air filters are designed to just protect the air conditioning unit and do very little in keeping the air.
- If you allow pets inside your office, try and keep them in designated areas so they won’t spread much hair and dander throughout your entire office.
- During the spring and summer, when outdoor allergens are rampant, avoid leaving your windows open for long periods of time. Just don’t forget that fresh air helps keep your office air from becoming stagnant and stuffy.
- When it rains, make sure your office stays relatively dry. Have towels on hand to help wipe feet and clothing. Mold can grow in damp areas, which can significantly reduce the quality of your office air.