- Commercial Services
We know, it's hot outside! This may not just be a hot summer, it may be a hot, hot summer. So let's get you set with some fun ideas to beat the heat:
- Visit a Library - Many libraries have summer reading programs that encourage young readers with rewards and prizes. Several also offer exciting events during the summer to correspond with the program. Sign up with a local library, or two or three!
- Visit a Museum - There are so many museums in the Atlanta area, surely you haven't seen them all! There's always more to learn. Use this list to get you started - you may find a new destination AND find out how to visit for a discounted rate.
- Go See a Movie - Summer movie line-ups always seem to feature new, exciting and highly anticipated films. Many theaters also offer $1 or discounted days during the summer for previously released movies. Call or visit your local theater online for times and listings. Even if it is a movie you have already seen, it's always fun to watch something on the big screen.
- Splash Parks or Water Parks - These are a super fun way to cool off! Consult this comprehensive list with over 12 options in the Atlanta area and even more throughout Georgia.
- Sweet Treats - Frozen sweet treats are the perfect way to take the edge off the heat - ice cream, popsicles, snow cones, frozen yogurt, ice cream sandwiches and more! Scout out places to try new and exciting treats or try your hand at making your own at home.
- Spend a Day at the Lake - Georgia has some beautiful lakes! Spend a day cooling off by swimming or renting a boat at one from this list.
- Water Balloons - If you are looking for a way to cool off in your own backyard, water balloons are the way to go. You can have fun with the traditional free-for-all water balloon fight or add a twist by using water balloons for playing Marco Polo, hot potato, volleyball, badminton or baseball.
Have fun and be creative beating the heat this summer. To keep it cool indoors, contact Anchor Heating and Air for all your summer air conditioning needs. The experts you can trust!