- Commercial Services
It got cold fast here in Georgia and many of you have turned on your heaters to keep your homes warm. We have already begun to receive calls from folks who have turned on their heater only to find that something is wrong. This is the top reason we recommend having your heating system checked and tuned up at the end of the summer season – that way there will be no surprises once the cold weather hits. Fortunately, your heat not working may not be a huge deal. There are some things that may be affecting your system that you can be easily fixed. On the flip side, there may be something majorly wrong that will require professional repair or even a replacement. Here are a few common problems and things you can check before calling a repairman:
- On a gas furnace, the pilot light could have gone out. If this is the case, follow the instructions (usually on the furnace itself) to light the pilot.
- Check the circuit breaker to be sure that a fuse has not gone out. Try flipping the switch and see if that resolves the problem.
- Check to make sure that the thermostat is on and set correctly.
- If you do feel heat, but feel like it should be warmer in the house, check all of the registers to be sure that they are unobstructed and make sure that all the vents are open.
- Check the filter on the furnace. It may be dirty and need to be changed out.
These are just a few things that you should check before calling a professional HVAC technician. Keep in mind, if you have a gas furnace, it is best not to mess around it with it yourself trying to figure out what is wrong. That can lead to a dangerous and possibly fatal situation. If none of these easy fixes resolves your problem, be sure to give us a call at 770-942-2873 or contact us on the web: www.anchorac.com.