- Commercial Services
It’s spring-time and we can definitely tell it, here in Douglasville. Just take a peek in the allergy relief aisle at the pharmacy – it is inevitably buzzing with people in search of relief from allergy symptoms. Unfortunately, we can’t do anything to change the pollen count, but we can take steps to prevent allergies in ourselves and in our families. Check out some of these tips that we have found useful:
- Pollen can stick to your hair, so be sure to shower every night before getting into the bed. If you don’t, you will be exposed to the allergens for the several hours while you are sleeping.
- Wash your bedding in hot water once a week to remove any pollen or other possible allergens.
- Invest in an allergen resistant mattress cover. These can sometimes be expensive, but they keep pollen, dust mites and other pollutants from making a home in your mattress.
- Vacuum at least twice a week and wear a mask when doing any cleaning that may kick up dust or allergens. (i.e. dusting, vacuuming, etc..) You can also purchase a HEPA vacuum which will actually pull the dust and allergens in rather than pushing them around the room.
- If you have allergies, it is best to keep your windows and doors closed.
- Use entryway mats to reduce the amount of allergens and pollutants that enter your home on the bottoms of your shoes.
- Change your air filters frequently to reduce the amount of pollen that comes in that way. Using allergen trapping or HEPA filters will greatly decrease the amount of allergens that make it into your home.
- Invest in an air purifier/air cleaner. These work to clean the air in your home – giving you much cleaner air to breathe.
- Some say that a tablespoon of local, regional honey each day is a great and natural way to fend off allergies.
If you find yourself with terrible allergy symptoms that are interfering with your daily life activities – be sure to contact a doctor for medical advice. There are medications that are available that can relieve severe allergy symptoms.
For more information about Anchor Heating and Air Conditioning – please give us a call at 770-942-2873 or contact us on the web at www.anchorac.com. If you have any tried and true allergy tips – please come by our Facebook page and share with our online community!