- Commercial Services
Warm weather is upon us and soon we’ll be immersed in a hotter, more humid climate once June and July rolls around. Unfortunately, this swampy Georgia weather tends to make our energy bills skyrocket in order to stay comfortable at home. Here are some sage tips to keep your comfort levels up and cooling costs down:
- Make sure you have proper attic ventilation.
- Ceiling and attic fans are a cheap way to distribute cool air throughout your home.
- You can save up to 10% by shading your air conditioning unit. Make sure you do not block the airflow because you could cause your unit to lose efficiency and undergo premature maintenance work.
- When leaving your home for extended periods of time, turn off you’re air conditioning.
- Do not turn your thermostat lower when turning it on to overcool; you aren’t cooling your home any faster and will end up wasting money.
- Select a central air unit with an efficiency of 15 SEER or higher. SEER means Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and the higher the number, the greater the efficiency (government regulation now requires all new models to meet at least 13 SEER).
- Once a month check for duct leaks. Just one leak can jack up your cooling costs by 25%.
- Call us to ensure your air conditioning system is the proper size for your home. If it is not the proper size, you lose efficiency and will overpay to cool down your living space.
- To extend the longevity and increase the efficiency of you’re a/c system, call on us to preform your annual maintenance. We guarantee that our experts have the knowledge and skill to properly gauge and repair your system’s issues.
For more information or to request a service, call us at 770-942-2873