- Commercial Services
Allergy season is in full swing here in Douglasville, Georgia. Just take a peek in your local pharmacy and you will find the allergy aisle filled with sniffling, miserable folks suffering from the high pollen count. We have put together a few tips that will hopefully help you find relief this spring.
- Shower after outdoor activities: Pollen is floating around everywhere outdoors, and when we are outside, that pollen will cling to our hair, clothes and skin. Showering when you come in for the day will remove all of that pollen you are carrying around. You especially want to make sure that you shower before you get in bed, or you will spread that pollen onto your bed and breathe it in every night.
- Launder your bedding frequently: Even if you are showering before bed, pollen can still find its way to your bedding. Wash your bedding at least once a week to remove any pollen and other allergens.
- Change your filters monthly: The filters in your air conditioning unit works to remove allergens from the air of your home. If your filters are clogged and dirty, they cannot do their job properly.
- Keep the windows closed: It can be tempting to open the windows of your home on a cool and breezy morning, but if you suffer from seasonal allergies, it’s a good idea to keep them closed. If you need to open your windows, check the pollen count on weather.com first. If there is a high alert, keep them closed until we have a low pollen day.
- Wear a mask outdoors: If you need to do lawn or landscaping work, wear a mask. You can pick up a box of masks inexpensively at your local pharmacy. When you do things like mow the grass, pollen and allergens start blowing around heavily and can cause a miserable reaction.
- Talk to your doctor: If you suffer from allergies daily, you may need to speak to your doctor about different allergy medicines that can work for you. You can purchase allergy medicine over the counter, but it is always a good idea to speak with a medical professional before starting any medications, especially if you have certain allergies to medications or if you are taking medicine for another medical condition.
We certainly hope these tips will help you this spring and summer as the pollen count continues to climb! For more information about Anchor Heating & Air or for a list of services we offer, please give us a call at 770-942-2873 or contact us online.