- Commercial Services
In the last blog, we discussed 5 of 10 tips to help your student bring a touch of home into their dorm room this fall. This is an exciting transition for college-bound kids and we want to help you make it as comfortable for them as possible. Here are the remaining 5 ways to help you do just that!
1. DIY PROJECT – Looking for a fun craft to send off with your student to college? Gather their favorite t-shirts or old t-shirts and make a quilt! If you have any material left, add a pillow to the project. This is a great way to repurpose and send something familiar from home!
2. FESTIVE DECORATIONS – Encourage your student to decorate those boring dorm walls with holiday spirits! String white or colored lights around your dorm room for a festive atmosphere.
3. PLANTS – Help purify the often stale and stuffy air of a dorm room with plants. Keeping the plant alive is also a great lesson in responsibility for your student! Add a blooming plant for an extra pop of bright color!
4. CURTAINS – To make your dorm room feel more like home, hang some curtains or bamboo shades. It will not only make your dorm room feel homier, but it can also block out outdoor lights when sleeping.
5. LIGHTING – In addition to your festive lights, consider adding a floor lamp or desk lamp. Most dorm rooms have very bright lights. Add your own touch from home to help soften the lighting and add more personal style to your dorm room. At Anchor Heating & Air, we understand comfort. We hope these remaining 5 ways to help your student bring the comfort of home into their dorm room are helpful! For more information regarding Anchor Heating & Air and the products and services we offer, please give us a call at 770-942-2873.